Thursday 30 June 2011

Olympic lifting and conditioning

Felt really crappy from the moment I woke up today. My sinuses are blocked up, my head is throbbing really badly, and I feel pretty nauseous. This is the worse my sinusitis has been for years; perhaps it's something to do with the weather. Consequently, I actually felt quite sick while I was training today, even though I took a decongestant. Not that that's an excuse for my performance - I think I did quite well regardless, but I didn't enjoy my workout as much as usual.

======

Hang cleans 5 x 5 @ 120
(and yes, I double-checked the bar)

Warm-up: 5 reps @ 95
3, 4, 4, 4, 3 = 18

======

For time:
30 x hang squat cleans @ 95 (to 4 risers)
40 x deadlifts @ 145
50 x dumbbell snatches @ 45
(25 per arm; finish left side before starting the right)

Time = 18:15

I knocked nearly 8 minutes off my PR, even though the routine was a little bit more challenging this time. In March I did the hang squat cleans to 5 risers, not 4. Also, when I did the snatches before I switched to my right arm when my left got tired, then back again. This was so I kept moving the whole time. Today, I didn't start with my right side until I'd completed all 25 reps with my left. A big improvement, so very pleased with this.

======

Cycle 1 mile (4 laps) @ 10
50 box jumps @ 24"
Cycle 1 mile (4 laps) @ 10

Time = 13:44

I haven't done this for a while. Last time I cycled at resistance 8, so this was definitely a bit tougher. I took quite a long break between the first cycle and the box jumps because my legs were so fatigued. However, I think the slower time was more to do with my calves cramping up at the start of the box jumps. Plus, I ran out of energy and nearly knocked over the steps with my 18th box jump. I took a break, partly because my body needed it, but also to get back my concentration. A little disappointing, but I gave it everything today.

No comments:

Post a Comment