Wednesday 1 June 2011

Pushing

Not a great workout today. I felt like I didn't have enough energy; no idea why.

Incline db bench press: 5, 5, 5, 5, 5
(Warm up with 30s) 40s, 45s, 50s (4), 50s (4), 50 (1)

That single rep in the last set was a struggle. I nearly dropped the left dumbbell on my face!

======

Rack bench press (small bench, 6 holes - one hole lower than normal)
95 (12), 105 (6), 110 (4.5), 115 (3), 95 (10)

======

For time:
30 x push press @ 95
30 x db military press @ 27s
30 x dips
30 x CrossFit push-ups (hands off the floor at the bottom)

Time = 19:07

That's significantly lower than the last time I did this (18:18)

3 comments:

Paul French said...

The last part just might have been one of those days, but you should be writing down the bench you use for the incline bench press, today you had it set up a few holes as well increasing the incline and making it harder, which may be why ya only got one on the last set, because in previous workouts I recall you using a lower incline setting, i know with me you have.

Common Sense Design said...

It's difficult to describe the different benches - there are at least 3, I think. The one I used today was silver/grey. Can't remember how many holes it was on for the incline, but it was already set up like that. It looked right to me, so I didn't change it. I'm not too worried about the time. I just felt a bit fatigued; might be the heat!

With every rep of the dips I could feel the whole of my upper arms straining. It was actually quite painful, but didn't feel like an injury (there's no pain now).

For the rack bench presses I was trying to get the bar as low as possible so it would be close to how I did them with you a couple of weeks ago - obviously, without the safeties back then. I tried setting the safeties at 5 holes, but even with the small bench I couldn't get my big head under the barbell! At 6 holes the bar was about an inch above my chest.

Paul French said...

there are 3 youd normally use, the one you used today I never have you use with me, the other 2 are black and white but one is always incline and the other has the option to go flat. The one you typically use for incline is the black and white one that is always incline but set at the lowest incline it can go. The tricep thing I have felt before, if its gone away already it's most likely nothing.

Post a Comment