Thursday 23 June 2011

Olympic lifting

Hang cleans 5 x 5 @ 120 115
4, 4, 4, 4, 4 = 20

This was somewhat more comfortable than I expected. However, while I was removing the plates after the fifth set, I noticed the bar didn't have smooth bits on the end, so this might have been the bar that's slightly lighter than the others (i.e. less than 45lb). Therefore, it's possible I was cleaning less than 120lb. Just in case, I switched the bar for the rest of my lifting routines today.

======

Deadlifts:
135x10
165x6
185x5
205x3
215x1
225x1
235x1
245x1
255x1

I attempted 1 rep @ 260 but failed; I couldn't move the bar off the ground. I'm pretty pleased with 255lb, though - a significant improvement on my previous heaviest deadlift.

======

Grace: 30 x power clean and jerk @ 95 (from the ground)
Time = 8:40

This is the first time I've done this routine from the ground. With my previous attempt - with poorer form than today on the jerks/presses - I had the bar on safeties at 2 holes. In November 2010 my time was 13:24.

======

I haven't done any sprinting for a long time, since I injured my ankle playing soccer last year, so I did a few 100yd sprints in the parking lot.

100 yd sprints; 1 minute rest between rounds.
Time = 15:04, 15:02, 16:07, 16:04

I had intended to do 5 rounds, but after the 4th it felt like my legs were going to seize up. I thought both my glutes and calves were going to get cramp, and I was lying on the grass in agony. My training doesn't usually make me feel old, but shit, these sprints did! I felt so slow while I was running, like I was in slow motion. There's only a 1-second difference between my first and last run, but the last one felt like I was almost jogging. I don't remember sprinting feeling like this. On the plus side, I was less than 6 seconds from breaking a world record today!

2 comments:

Paul French said...

heh ya that is the lighter bar, so you were technically doing 115. Nice job on the deads, you should shoot for a double bodyweight deadlift in a couple months.

Common Sense Design said...

Bollocks. I was looking forward to doing 120 today!

Post a Comment