Monday 13 June 2011

Pushing

Rack bench press(7 holes, small bench) 3, 3, 3, 3, 3
130, 140, 145, 150, 155 (2)

======

Single arm military press 5, 5, 5, 5, 5 pr arm
32, 35, 37 (4), 37 (5), 40 (3)

Good improvement. Last time I did this the last 3 sets were all 3 reps @ 37lb.

======

Incline db bench press 5, 5, 5, 5, 5
40s, 45s, 47s, 50s (4), 50s (4)

Not the heaviest I've ever done, but when I did these over a month ago they were the first routine of the day.

======

4 rounds, each for time:
15 dips
20 push-ups
1 minute rest in between

Individual times: 2:05, 3:35, 3:43, 4:13

I had my previous times written down, so I had to double-check my watch to make sure I was reading it right. Unless I'm misinterpreting my April times, this is a massive improvement. Back then, I recorded the 4 times as 2:45, 4:13, 6:12, 8:54. I can't remember what my previous strategy was, but today I took ample rest when I felt I needed to and didn't fail on a single rep in either exercise. My form for the dips was the same - just below parallel.

3 comments:

Paul French said...

Nice job on the dips, I wouldn't say you did something wrong, last time I recall many failed reps, so without any today that would make a nice difference. Kind of like when you did the 4 rounds of 10 DB bench press and 10 dips, with me it took you over 20 minutes, later you did it on your own and was well under 20 minutes, ya said ya rested a bit longer between sets and that meant ya didn't fail any reps. Probably what ya did today.

To be honest, first time you did that routine with me I thought your times were kind of slow, knowing my times I compared you to that, I am normally a bit faster on dip/pushup routines but not by that much. Today is more where I thought you should have been, so nice work!

Common Sense Design said...

Thanks! That's a relief - I thought I'd gone horribly wrong somewhere!

Common Sense Design said...

And yeah, 8:54 for 15 dips and 20 push-ups is ridiculously slow.

Post a Comment