Wednesday 15 June 2011

Pulling

My upper back was pretty sore today before I'd even done my workout. No idea why because yesterday was a leg day. Can't imagine that resting a heavy bar on my shoulders would cause this. Subsequently, it took me a little time to loosen up.

Resistance band neutral grip pull-ups (purple) max reps:
3, 3, 3, 3, 2

I had to do the first set twice because I used a 40lb dumbbell to hold down the resistance band but it was too light. When I got to the third rep I realised the weight was lifting off the ground! I rested a minute then started again.

======

Cable row max reps @ 150:
6, 5, 5, 4, 4

======

12-10-8-6-4-2 reps for time:
Power cleans @ 105 (bar set on safeties at first hole)
Kipping pull-ups
Time = 14:26

I watched a YouTube coaching video to help with my form, which seemed to help with getting some decent power. And yeah, this young girl is kicking my arse with a heavier weight than the one I used. Bloody kids.


======

Incline curls @ 22s
6, 6, 5

2 comments:

Paul French said...

you realize I grabbed an 80 pound dumbbell to anchor the resistance band, ah well it worked.

No doupt the 100 front squats caused the upper back soreness, when doing front squats the shoulders or constantly shrugged up, meaning the traps are isometrically contracting to help you with the lift.

Common Sense Design said...

I'm not walking all that distance with an 80lb dumbbell!

Thursday morning and my shoulders still hurt like a bitch. Thankfully, today is conditioning, so no lifting.

Post a Comment