Tuesday 7 June 2011

Legs

Partial squats 3, 3, 3, 3, 3
195, 215, 235, 260, 280

First time hitting all 3 reps at 280.

======

Front squats 5 x max reps @ 115 to 4 risers
11, 9, 8, 7, 6 = 41 (PR total = 39)

I really need to sort out my front squat grip. My right thumb hurt like hell while I was doing these.

======

For time:
30 Bulgarian splits @ 95 (30 per leg)
Time = 5:50

With 3 reps to go of the whole routine I clipped one of the cage's uprights and that threw me off balance. I nearly toppled over but - with a very loud "Oh, shit!" - just managed to stand upright and continue. That cost me a few seconds, but I still PRed. I used the taller bench to rest my back foot on; not sure if that makes a difference.

======

For time:
20 x back squats @ 145
20 x jump squats
Time = 4:36

I was really pleased with this time - my PR is 7:53 - until I noticed I was supposed to do the jump squats with 95lb. I only did bodyweight jumps. Twit!

======

Leg extensions - 50 reps @ 95

3 comments:

Paul French said...

nice work on the partials, I looked over and the 280 went up smoothly, more weight next workout I bet will also be successful. Just move your thumbs out of the way when you do the front squats, it's keeping your elbows pointed forwards that'll prevent the bar from rolling forwards not your thumbs.

Common Sense Design said...

I felt like I could have gone heavier on the partials today. I'll just start a few pounds heavier next time so the incremental increase for each set won't be too much. Doing them every two weeks seems to be working as a strategy for progress, rather than trying to get heavier every week.

The thumbs thing is just my natural grip, but yeah, I do need to improve my technique.

Paul French said...

At first it might feel unnatural but in time you'll adjust then going back to the way you do it now will feel weird.

Post a Comment