Tuesday 14 June 2011

Legs

Back squats to 4 risers 3, 3, 3, 3, 3
135, 155, 185, 190 (2), 190 (2)

A new PR, albeit for only 2 reps.

======

Step-ups 4 x 5 per leg @ 60s (7 risers + step)
5, 5, 4, 3

For the last 2 sets I used straps to help me hold onto the dumbbells, but it was still tough to keep a grip. I haven't done step-ups in a long time and my form was a bit shaky. I'm not 100% happy with how I did these - my opposite leg often came up too quickly, thus taking some of the strain - so this is something I'll have to work on. Perhaps I'll use lighter weights so I can concentrate on form.

======

100 front squats @ 105 to 4 risers
Time = 15:54

I've done 100 front squats before but with only 95lb and to 5 risers. That was just over 2 minutes quicker than today's time, but the extra weight and depth is a decent trade-off. The first set was 8 reps; most of the rest were 5 reps.

======

Single leg leg extensions 3x10 @ 50

This wasn't easy, but could have been more challenging. All 3 sets were unbroken, so I'll try it at 65 next time.

Today's workout felt particularly tough because although I don't have much soreness from Saturday I felt like there wasn't much strength in my legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment