Tuesday 31 May 2011

Legs

Lunges - 3 reps per leg x 5 sets @ 135lb (back)
3, 3, 3, 3, 3

======

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps for time:
Right leg Bulgarian split squats @ 95lb
Left leg Bulgarian split squats @ 95lb
Time = 13:18

Not a bad time, especially considering I did 3 extra reps with my left leg by mistake! In the 9-rep round I took a break after the 5th rep with my right leg. When I started again for some reason I used my other leg for 3 reps before I realised I'd made a mistake! I went back to the correct leg and finished that side. I didn't count the 3 left-leg reps towards the required 9, so I ended up doing more than I needed to.

======

For time:
50 x back squats @ 155lb to 5 risers
Time = 8:52

======

Leg extensions: 95lb x max reps
14, 14, 11

======  

The gym was much cooler than yesterday, so no excuses! I'm happy with today's low weight/lots of reps workout. 

I didn't check my watch during either of the timed routines, but while I was doing each of them I was sure my times would be much slower than they actually were. It felt like I was taking a long time. Funny how the mind can play tricks on you.

2 comments:

Paul French said...

Nice job on that second timed routine, I'd figure you'd beat me, I did get interrupted but it was still a tough one. Question though, why did you do to 5 risers on the back squat routine, normally you'd go to 4?

Common Sense Design said...

My back was a bit sore today and going lower was a painful at first. I was actually going to remove one of the steps about halfway through - when my back was feeling loosened up - but I forgot!

Post a Comment