Thursday 12 May 2011

Olympic Lifting/Conditioning

My shoulder's still a little dodgy, so I didn't punish it too much today. Also, I woke up at 4:15am and couldn't get back to sleep! For some ridiculous reason I kept thinking about some of my favourite TV shows that got cancelled ("Human Target" and "Lie To Me"). Dumb reason for insomnia!

Hang cleans 5 x 5 @ 115
4, 3, 3, 4, 3 = 17

3 reps less than last week. There's something about doing hang cleans in the cage that I find off-putting. I never hit as many reps as when I do them at the squat rack, which was already being used today. Oh, well...

======

Deadlifts 3, 3, 3, 3, 3
175, 195, 210, 220, 230 (2)

All of these were done using the wrist straps, which make a tremendous difference to how comfortable my grip feels. Last week I PRed with 1 rep at 220 without the straps. This week's performance was much better.

======

For time:
20 x squats
20 x burpee box jumps
20 x chest to floor push-ups
15 x burpee box jumps
20 x tuck jumps
10 x burpee box jumps
20 x jump lunges (per leg)
5 x burpee box jumps
20 x squats

Time =  11:20

That's nearly 3 minutes quicker than the last time I did this routine way back in January, and that time I did them at the start of my workout. However, Liliana pointed out I was doing the burpee box jumps incorrectly. I did a burpee, then a box jump, so 2 separate movements. She suggested I should be going straight from the ground to a jumping position, but I'm pretty sure I did this as 2 movements in January, too, simply because I don't/can't lift my legs 24" high when I do a burpee.

======

Incline bench curls @ 20s
12, 8, 6

No comments:

Post a Comment