Wednesday 11 May 2011

Conditioning

Wednesdays are usually pulling days, but - even though my shoulder feels better - I don't want to take the risk.

I made up today's conditioning routine at the last minute. In retrospect, the first movement seems a little out of place because all the rest are bodyweight-based.

30 reps each of:
Hang squat cleans @ 95 to 5 risers
Burpees
Box jumps @ 24"
Burpees
Over the box jumps @ 24" (30 per side)
Burpees
Bench supported lateral hops @ 24" (30 per side)
Burpees

Time = 34:45

Seems a long time, but not bad considering my quads and glutes are toast after yesterday's leg session. I did 10 minutes of stretching and warm-ups before I started the clock.

It wasn't particularly helpful when someone came up to me while I was taking a break after rep 40 of the otb jumps and asked if I thought what it would be like if I tripped over the step while I was jumping. Thanks for the pep talk, pal.

4 comments:

Paul French said...

120 burpees, ouch that couldn't have been fun. Also 60 total over the box jumps that is the most you've ever done in a single workout, looks like a good workout nice work.

Common Sense Design said...

Yeah, the burpees were the hardest part. As early as the second set I started to regret choosing to do so many! The otb jumps were broken down into manageable sets of 10 reps and this was the movement where I took the longest rests in between.

Common Sense Design said...

Chris saw me as I was leaving the gym yesterday and commented that I looked "more pink than usual". We both were at the Board of Trade's executive meeting in the evening and I was a few minutes late, which is unusual for me. Apparently, Chris told the other exec members that I might not be coming because I didn't look too good earlier!

Paul French said...

Ya you looked that way when I was coming into the gym, I usually do after those workouts too.

Post a Comment