Monday 16 May 2011

Pushing

My shoulder feels like it's completely healed, so I brought dips back into my pushing routine.

Flat bench press - 7 pins, small bench: 5, 5, 4, 4, 3
125, 135, 140, 145 (3), 145 (2)

======

5 rounds for time:
3 x db bench press @ 45s
6 x push press @ 100

Time = 9:23

======

Amrap 15:
5 x dips
10 x push-ups

Score = 9 rounds + 1 dip

======

Flat bench db flyes: 5, 5, 5, 5, 5
25, 27, 27 (4), 27 (3), 27 (2)

======

It's been a while since I did the second and third exercises. Back in October I didn't time the bench press/push press routine, so I don't have anything with which to compare today's time. However, I noted that I had to switch from 100lb barbell to 95lb, presumably because I was struggling with the heavier weight. No such problem today, although I didn't include a couple of reps where I didn't lock out my arms (i.e. I redid them).

I did the dips/push-ups routine on the same day in October. I got exactly 7 rounds then and beat that by just over 2 rounds today. I think I remember having problems with lots of failed dips late last year, so today I made sure I took long enough rest breaks which meant I didn't fail at all. Also, I'm dipping much lower now, well below parallel.

I haven't done flyes in a long time, so I decided to do a few sets to finish off. My form was a little dodgy, perhaps as a result of everything else I did today.

No comments:

Post a Comment