Monday 11 April 2011

Pushing

Had a late workout today (3:30pm) because I couldn't go to the gym in the morning as usual. Madi was up puking all night, which I managed to sleep through but Cher was up with her and didn't get any sleep. Cher managed to get some rest for a few hours from around 8:00am onwards, so I looked after Madi while she slept. 

I was thinking of skipping my pushing workout today because I was running out of time, but this is the first time I've had 2 pushing routines close together since I changed my scheduling and I wanted to see how it affected me.

I spent 5 minutes doing stretches and warming up before I started with the weights.

Incline dumbbell bench press 3, 3, 3, 3, 3
35s, 40s, 45s, 47.5s, 50s

A little better than the last time I did this when I only managed 2 reps at 47.5 in the last set.

======

Military press 5, 5, 5, 5
65, 70, 75 (3), 75 (3)

Dropped a few reps in the last 2 sets compared to last time.

======

For time:
30 x push press @ 95
30 x db military press @ 27.5s
30 x dips
30 x Crossfit push-ups (lifting hands off the floor at the bottom)

Time = 18:18

The Crossfit push-ups were actually a lot easier than I expected, and I'm pretty sure I kept good form on all reps. However, the dips burned my shoulders. I did a lot of punishing dips on Saturday and I felt that today. I went below parallel with the first rep and it really hurt, so I switched to dipping to just parallel. That was still painful and I only managed to knock out doubles.

Other than the dips in part 3, I didn't feel like my second pushing routine in 3 days suffered through overworking the same muscles.

No comments:

Post a Comment