Monday 25 April 2011

Pushing

Barbell push press:
(Warm up: 2 sets of 3 reps @ 85)
100 (3), 105 (3), 105 (3), 110 (2), 115 (2)

======

Incline rack bench press 5 x 5 @ 95 (safeties @ 8 holes)
5, 4, 4, 3, 3 = 19

======

Superset (max reps)
DB push press @ 50 (6, 5, 4, 5 per arm)
Dips (6, 4, 3, 3)

======

Amrap 12:
DB bench press @ 45s
Score = 33

I definitely would have got a higher score but my left shoulder was quite painful today, and I especially noticed it with this routine. I failed on several reps due to my left arm giving out even though I could complete the right side. 

Not sure what the problem is with my shoulder; I was perfectly fine after Saturday's conditioning session, and there was no pain on Sunday, either. However, when I got up this morning I could feel a slight twinge, which got quite bad by the end of this morning's workout. 

Tomorrow's a leg day - so very little stress on my shoulders - and then I'll decide whether to go ahead with a pulling day on Wednesday. Perhaps I'll have conditioning days on both Wednesday and Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment