Thursday 18 August 2011

Legs

My shoulders felt a bit sore this morning, so today was all legs.

Deadlifts:
135x10
165x6
185x5
205x3
215x1
225x1
235x1
245x1
255x1
265x1
270x1
275 (F)

Still stuck at 270. The bar barely moved at 275.

======

Front squats: 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5 (to parallel)
75, 95, 105, 115, 120, 130, 135 (2)

A bit disappointed to fail at only 135. I'd hoped to at least equal my PR weight, although that was doing box front squats. On the plus side, I think my grip was much improved, although far from perfect with each rep.

======

5 RFT:
5 x dumbbell front squats @ 40s
10 x air squats
(Both full ROM)
Time = 2:49

The last time I did this was back in March and I wanted to see how much I'd improved. I could have increased the dumbbell weight, but I stuck with exactly what I did last time. My time improved by 25 seconds.

======

Leg extensions - max reps @ 110
15, 14, 13

15lb heavier than before, so - as expected - a lower number of reps.

======

While I was waiting for Cher to finish her training session with Liliana, I tried to do some handstand holds against a wall. Without someone to watch what I was doing, I couldn't tell how high up my feet got, but I'm guessing not very high! Because my head was upside down I could feel myself getting dizzy, which is a condition I've noticed since my road accident nearly 20 years ago. Still, it didn't feel so bad that I wouldn't try it again. Perhaps it's just something I need to get used to.

Bloody starving by the time I got home, so I scrambled a couple of eggs with some leftover diced sweet potatoes and onion, seasoned with black pepper and rosemary. Yum!

2 comments:

Paul French said...

Im confused about the handstand holds against a wall, what do you mean about how high your feet were? Did you do them with your back facing the wall, or your chest?

Common Sense Design said...

I was trying to use this method - http://goo.gl/bRCIM (from about 3:40) - so my chest was facing the wall. I don't know high up I got my feet, but I was definitely nowhere near vertical! I remember you showed me how to flip myself up so my back is against the wall, but I didn't feel confident trying it with so many people in the gym. You know what my coordination is like - it would look as if I was having an epileptic fit.

Post a Comment