Monday 8 August 2011

Full body: Heavy weight

I googled a picture of "weighted pullups", expecting an image from the Crossfit Games, and this was one of the results.
Rack bench press (small bench, 7 holes) 3, 3, 3, 3, 3
135, 140, 145, 150, 155, 160 (F)

Because I got all 3 reps in the fifth set I attempted 160lb, but failed.

======

Cable row 5, 5, 5, 5, 5
130, 140, 150, 155, 160 (4)

The bench presses and cable rows were supposed to be alternating sets, but someone jumped onto the rowing station just as my 1 minute's rest after the first round of presses was coming to an end.

======

Bulgarian split squats 5, 5, 5, 5, 5
95, 115, 125, 135, 140, 145 (3)

Again, because I completed all the reps in the last set I had planned, I tried another set. I could only manage 3 reps with my left - weaker leg - so did the same number with my right.

Since yesterday morning I've been suffering from OMP in my right ankle (Old Man's Pain). No idea what brought it on; I'm pretty sure it wasn't anything I did during Saturday's training, unless it was a severely delayed reaction! For that reason, I wasn't sure if I should do these split squats, but I know that when I've had pain in my ankle before, split squats seems to help by stretching it out.

======

Weighted chin-ups - 4 x max reps @ 40
5, 5, 4, 4

======

Leg extensions - max reps @ 95:
18, 15, 17

2 comments:

Paul French said...

I hope I don't always sound critical when I comment here, but I watched the bulgarian split squats on your last set and your rom was really shortened, I don't always recommend using the short bench as it's hard to get low but your upper thigh was noticably above parallel, you always like keeping good form so I thought I'd let you know.

Nice picture btw, don't see why it came up for weighted pullups but meh.

Common Sense Design said...

Of course I don't mind when you try to correct my form! Unless I'm training with you, if you don't tell me on this blog that I'm doing it wrong, I'll never know and keep making the same mistakes. I typically use the larger bench, but it was being used by someone else when I was doing the first couple of sets, and I didn't see the point of using it when it became free halfway through the routine. I found it difficult to get lower because I could feel I was losing my balance. I don't know if that's because my legs were getting tired - which they were - or because my form was just bad on the smaller bench.

Here are the Google search results for weighted pullups: http://goo.gl/auGvM

Post a Comment