Saturday 27 August 2011

Full body: Heavy weight

Damn it! This is where I'm going wrong.
Personal training with Paul

Front squats (with pause) 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2
95, 105, 115, 125, 135, 145, 150

======

21-15-9 rft
Deadlifts @ 185
Military presses @ 70
Time = 13:51

======

Gironda dips - 4 x max: 5, 5, 6, 6
Inverted row (feet elevated; safeties @ 10) -
4 x max: 10, 8, 8, 9

In the last 2 sets of rows, there were a couple of reps where my chest was incredibly close to the bar, but didn't quite touch, so they didn't count.

I'm surprised at how well I did with the front squats today. Along with my partial back squats on Thursday, that's two squatting PRs this week. My one worry with the new style of training was that if I got the programming wrong, I'd start to lose the gains I'd made previously. Instead, in the past month I've gained a couple of pounds (hopefully, muscle!) and I'm lifting heavier weight in some cases, so definite improvement overall. On top of the change in training, I've also tweaked my diet for just over a week, without any deterioration in performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment