Tuesday 2 August 2011

Full body: Light weight

I haven't done any running for some time, so I worked in 1.5 miles into the middle of this workout. It's not based on anything I've seen before, so hopefully this is a decent, light weight full body routine.

For time:
20 db thrusters @ 35s
30 dips
40 air squats
50 sit-ups

1.5 mile run

50 sit-ups
40 air squats
30 dips
20 db thrusters @ 35s

Time = 39:00

When I finished, my watch said 39:02; allowing a couple of seconds for picking up/putting down the dumbbells at the start and end, I rounded down to 39:00. This was longer than I expected - not based on anything I've done before, just a feeling. Unsurprisingly, though, it was the run that took the most out of me. Today was a good day for a run: reasonably warm and sunny, but not humid. This must have looked strange to other people in the gym because as soon as I'd finished the first round of sit-ups, I ran out of the gym. I told Cher what I was planning on doing today so she wouldn't worry about me when I suddenly disappeared!

2 comments:

Paul French said...

That actually looks like a fun routine, challenging but has you moving around a lot. Its good you are making up your own routines, be creative as ya want.

Common Sense Design said...

At first I thought 35lb dumbbells would be too light, but the second time round I started with 4 reps, then the rest were 3s. My lungs were burning during the run! I should do more runnning as it uses my legs differently to cycling. I'm planning on doing some heavy deadlifts tomorrow, hamstrings permitting.

Post a Comment