Wednesday 3 August 2011

Full body: Heavy weight

I was bloody sore before I even started today. I'm sure tomorrow won't feel any better. However, I must be a masochist because I'm enjoying this type of pain - it's like a badge of honour!

Hang cleans @ 120
(Warm up: 3 reps @ 95)
4, 4, 3, 4, 3 = 18

Slight improvement by 1 rep.

======

Deadlifts:
135x10
165x6
185x5
205x3
215x1
225x1
235x1
245x1
255x1
260x1
265x1
270x1
275 (F)

For that last attempt the bar moved about an inch off the ground before I had to drop it, so I finished by equaling my PR.

======

Fran: 21-15-9
Thrusters @ 95lb
Kipping pull-ups

Time = 15:35

That's a 19 second improvement on my PR in May. I didn't check my watch during the routine, but I thought my time was going to be faster because I did the kipping pull-ups really quickly. In the 21 round, as soon as I racked the bar I moved the bench into place, got into position, then knocked out 8 consecutive pull-ups straightaway. It was all the breaks - and their length - during the thrusters that did me in. I managed 5 consecutive reps to start, but all the rest were 3s and 2s.

8 comments:

Paul French said...

Last time I saw you perform fran your squats depth was questionable, today everytime I looked over you were hitting full depth, so nice work there.

Common Sense Design said...

I think the full depth actually helped with powering up for the thrusters. Recently I've been trying not to rely on risers any more and simply judge the correct depth.

Paul French said...

heh as long as you keep your eyes open that should be easy to do.

Paul French said...

btw were you really going to just use the pullup bar on the other side of the gym? Why wouldnt you ave just asked us to move?

Common Sense Design said...

It honestly wouldn't have made any difference to me; I can kip on either bar. Besides, I didn't know you weren't planning on doing pull-ups with Tina. I assumed you were doing something with both the barbell and pull-up station.

Common Sense Design said...

When you started to set up for Tina I was still doing deadlifts.

Paul French said...

he still thats on the other side of the gym, may have affected your time, ah well you beat ur old score anyways.

Common Sense Design said...

I usually treat a walk like that as a rest break!

Post a Comment