Thursday 4 August 2011

Full body: Light weight

CrossFit hand-release push-up
An adapted version of one of Paul's routines. I can't do handstand push-ups, so I subbed push-presses. Also, I felt like I've been a bit light on leg work and horizontal pulling this week, so I added jump squats and inverted rows.

8 minutes of each exercise with 1 minute's rest in between:
Push-press @ 75 = 71
Jump lunges = 184 (92 per leg)
CrossFit push-ups = 110
Jump squats = 131
Overhand inverted rows = 98  

I struggled in vain to get to 100 rows! I'm used to leaving a little sweat behind when I train, but when I got up after the last inverted row there was literally a small puddle from the back of my head.

That was a pretty cool workout. I did a total of 502 reps in 40 minutes (if you count both sides of the jump lunges as a single rep). With all 5 exercises I was surprised how quickly the 8 minutes passed.

Pretty pleased overall with this week's training.

No comments:

Post a Comment