Tuesday 23 August 2011

Full body: Light weight

Felt much better than I expected today, as yesterday afternoon I was pretty exhausted. I think this might have been lack of sleep catching up with me, though. It occurred to me later that maybe my fatigue was due to me dropping starch from my diet for the past 5 days. However, looking at my performance today I don't think that's turning out to be the case. I'm still feeling really good.

Just 2 metcons today, both adapted from CrossFit Markham's website.

21-15-9 rft:
24" box jumps
70lb hang power snatch
Pull-ups

Time = 16:18

The RXed version calls for power snatches, but because snatches are a new move for me I did the same style as on Saturday; i.e. from the standing hang position. The pull-ups were the hardest part of the routine and needed the most breaks. I started off with kipping, but more controlled strict pull-ups felt easier as I got more tired. The kipping also started to hurt my lower back a little, but that was just due to not warming up properly this morning.

It's been a while since I've done any box jumps, so I warmed up by doing lower ones, gradually adding steps until I got to 24" (10 risers per side plus the top step).

======

8 rft:
5 deadlifts @ 165
10 elbows to knees

Time = 16:38

The RXed version is 225lb deadlifts for men and 165lb for women. I did the girly version, and that proved to be challenging enough for a total of 40 reps. My form started to waver around set 6, but from that point onward I kept my head and chest up and the good form took care of itself. I think my form was good for the elbows to knees, with minimal swinging/kipping and my arms were fully locked out. I remember when I used to do these in my basement I would sometimes cheat by bending my arms, so my knees wouldn't have to move as far!

No comments:

Post a Comment