Monday 15 August 2011

Full body: Heavy weight

My first day back in the gym after a few days' break due to exhaustion. Felt pretty good when I got up this morning, even though didn't get much sleep over the weekend. I managed to catch up a bit last night.

Bench press 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 (small bench, 6 holes)
135, 140, 145 (2), 145 (1), 145 (F)

I usually set the safeties at 7 holes, but I want to start doing benches with the bar closer to my chest, thus giving a fuller range of motion. As expected, I didn't hit the same numbers as I would with the bar set higher at 7 holes. Still, I'm a bit disappointed to get an F in the last set. Perhaps I should have started at a lower weight and worked up from there. 135lb is my starting weight when the safeties/barbell are at 7 holes.

======

Back squats 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3,3
155, 165, 175, 185, 195, 200, 205 (2)

That's 1 rep more than before. Not majorly impressive in itself, but my form was much better than last time. I'm pretty sure I managed to get to at least parallel - sometimes lower - with each squat. I'm still staying away from using risers to guide me.

======

Push press, holding the bar overhead for 3 seconds
75, 85, 95, 100 (2), 100 (2), 100 (F), 85 (3)

The second set that I lifted 100lb I actually managed to get the bar overhead 3 times. However, on the third rep I couldn't hold it up, so I only counted the first 2 reps when I held the bar for 3 seconds.

======

For time:
50 c2b chin-ups
Time = 8:50

These were strict chin-ups, without kipping. I did swing going up a couple of times, so I didn't count those reps in my total. I also seemed to swing a few times when I was moving down, but I did count those. I only excluded reps where I was using swinging/kipping to help me get up. 

Not a great workout today, but it felt good to be back in the gym anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment