Wednesday 2 March 2011

Pulling

Dumbbell row 5, 5, 5, 5, 5
70, 75, 80 (4), 80 (3), 80 (4)

======

Weighted chin-ups @ 35lb max reps
6, 4, 3.5, 3

======

For time:
18 wide-grip pull-ups
30 neutral pull-ups
42 inverted rows

Time = 11:02

The last time I did this I used the dip bars on the pull-up rack, with my feet on a bench. When I was setting this up all the benches were being used, so I used the parallettes instead. No idea if this makes the rows any easier, but I knocked 58 seconds off my PR. That includes 3 or 4 reps that I didn't count (i.e. did again) because I didn't come up high enough.


For the wide-grip pull-ups I held the bar right on the curve. Before, I gripped just past the curve, which is obviously more challenging, but back then I felt some pain in my shoulder joint for a few days after. This felt like an injury, rather than doms, so I played it safe and went for a slightly narrower grip (a couple of inches each side).

======

Dumbbell incline curls @ 22.5s
8, 5, 3

I put 8 for the first set, but I think my form was a bit off on at least a couple of reps because my right elbow was moving. I was more strict with the other two sets.

As I was leaving the gym someone commented that this was a short workout for me. Checking the clock I noticed that I'd trained for just under 45 minutes. No idea why this went so quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment