Thursday 31 March 2011

Olympic lifting

Hang cleans - 5 sets x 5 reps @ 115
5, 5, 4, 3, 3 = 20

Oops - When I got home I checked Paul's suggestion that I should attempt 5 sets of 3 reps, not 5. I actually had that written down, but for some reason I thought I'd made a mistake so I "corrected" it to 5 reps and aimed for a total of 20 reps. I just about managed that. Still, this means I worked harder than I needed to!

======

For time:
100 x hang power clean and press @ 80

Time = 23:15

I've done this movement for Grace (30 reps) with 85lb, but my form on the press section has been a bit dodgy, so I dropped 5lb to ensure I kept good form. That seemed to work because I think all of my reps were decent. I started off doing 8 consecutive reps, then dropped to 3s and 4s. 

I rested the bar on safeties, which were two holes up from the ground.

======

Incline bench curls
27.5s (3), 22.5s (5), 22.5s (5)

My elbows were all over the place with the 27.5s, so I dropped to a lower weight.

5 comments:

Paul French said...

Not really a big deal to do 5 instead of 3, next time ya try this you can chose whether or not you want to keep trying to progress with 5 of switch to 3.

Nice job on part 2, when I did it 100 reps certainly seemed to take forever.

Common Sense Design said...

I might as well stick with the 5 reps as I've already done this once now. At least that will give me something to compare it to.

100 rep routines always feel like they take forever! I really slowed down in the second half. I checked my watch around the 43-rep mark and I was at 8:30 and change, so I thought my time would be close to yours (I used lighter weight, though).

Now I don't train again until Monday (upper body with you) so I have 3 days off, which seems like a lot.

Paul French said...

heh you can always do a bowflex routine, or throw in an outdoor conditioning routine.

Paul French said...

And that is similar to mine, I think around 50 reps my watch said 7 minutes or so, second half was just a tad slower as it should be.

Common Sense Design said...

Bowflex? I could probably bench press the bloody thing! Actually, I might do one of my old routines on it just to see how it feels.

Post a Comment