Monday 17 October 2011

Full body: Moderate weight

Spaghetti squash muffins - bloody delicious!
I decided to test my hip by doing some box front squats. There was a little discomfort at the beginning, but this seemed to ease as I warmed up.

Box front squats 10, 10, 10, 10, 10
75, 95, 105, 115 (7), 115 (6)

The reason I did fewer reps in the last 2 sets was more to do with my (cross over) grip hurting than my legs giving out. There's certainly cause for optimism that I could manage even 115lb front squats. My PR is 150lb, but that was doing sets of only 2 reps. I'll keep trying lighter weights for now if I feel up to it, then progress back up to heavy weights.

======

For time: 40 x two-arm dumbbell ground to overhead @ 45s
Time = 8:09

I did this in 7:29 back in July, but with 40lb dumbbells.

======

Amrap 15:
9 x deadlifts @ 155
12 x hand release push-ups
15 x box jumps @ 24"
Score = 5 rounds + 12 push-ups

This is one of the CrossFit Open routines from this Spring, which I've done before in April as RXed. Back then I completed 4 rounds and 12 push-ups, so this is exactly 1 full round more, which is a decent improvement in 6 months. Also, last time I did this at the start of my workout, not the end. 

I thought the deadlifts would be tougher because my back was a bit sore from spending a few hours on my feet in the kitchen yesterday preparing meals for the week - all Paleo. Spaghetti squash muffins, beef stew, fried chicken seasoned in almond flour and herbs, chicken curry, roasted vegetables, and turkey sausages (Madi loves bangers and mash - you can tell she was born in England!)

No comments:

Post a Comment