Monday 31 October 2011

Full body: Heavy weight

Hang power cleans @ 125
(Warm up: 2 x 5 @ 95)
4, 3, 3, 3, 3 = 16

My first attempt at reaching a total of 20 reps with 125lb. Still some work to be done here.

======

Dumbbell incline bench press
5 x max @ 50s
(Warm up: 8 @ 35s; 5 x 42s)
7, 6, 5, 4, 4

Dropped a rep in the second set, so that's 1 rep fewer than last time.

======

Back squats to parallel
135 x 10
Max @ 185: 8, 6, 6, 6

Felt a bit rusty doing heavy squats to parallel. I feel like I should have managed a few more reps, but I'm not too worried about it. I'm sure my score will improve as I get back into heavy squats. I had trouble keeping my chest up and that affected my balance.

======

Hang power snatches with 2 second hold: 5, 5, 5, 5, 5
45, 65, 75, 85 (2), 85 (1)

Maybe it's Mondays, but I seem to start the week with an average workout - or worse - then do pretty well the rest of the week as a reaction to Monday's session.

2 comments:

Paul French said...

Hey, this is kind of a note from Chris as she asked me to mention this in regards to the bumper plates. I was definately guilty of this at the beginning but they are only to be dropped in the cases where you have to, like failing at rep or when the weight gets really heavy (so not every set). That's part of the reason I don't use them for deadlifts as it's not necessary to drop it, it'll prolong there life so only in cases where it's necessary should the weights be dropped. Thanks!

Common Sense Design said...

Oops! Ok, thanks for letting me know.

Post a Comment