Monday 24 October 2011

Upper body: Heavy weight

Felt a bit meh this morning, lacking in energy and quite a bit below par.

Power cleans:
95 x 5
105 x 3
115 x 2
120 x 2
125 x 1
125 x 2
130 x 1

I wasn't sure about doing these today because my lower back was a bit sore from Saturday's workout. However, after some stretching and warming up I felt good enough to give it a go. I kept the reps low to try and get a decent weight. I'd hoped to lift more than 130lb, though. I've never done a low rep routine like this before, but I did get to 125lb for 10 reps in a more taxing workout a few weeks ago.

======

Push press:
75 x 2
95 x 2
100 x 2
105 x 2
110 x 1/F
110 x 1/F

110lb? Pretty crap, considering I got 115lb in a power clean and press workout at the beginning of the month.

======

Bench press: Max @ 120 (7 holes, large bench)
Warm up: 95 x 7
4, 4, 4, 3, 3

Fucking hell, that's pretty awful.

I have some serious catching up to do to get anywhere near Paul.

2 comments:

Paul French said...

I bet you can clean more than 130, it becomes a mental thing when you near your max and sometimes people go into a lift without really preparing for it mentally. When I did my 230 clean and jerk, the video makes it seem I can do more weight, but doing the exercise I remember thinking there is no way I could do more....it gets to you mentally. Really try and prepare for it when it comes to olympic lifts.

Common Sense Design said...

Yeah, I know it was mental - that's why I was so pissed! If it was just fatigue or I'd reached my limit I wouldn't be as bothered. When I did only 1 rep of cleans at 125 I knew I could have done 2, which is why I did that round again.

Post a Comment