Monday 3 October 2011

Full body: Heavy/moderate weight

Exactly how I feel.
Good news - my hip flexor feels like it's completely healed! Bad news - I've fucked up my left knee. (What is it about my left side? Wrist, hip flexor, and now knee.) It started to hurt a little bit on the outside of my knee when I started running yesterday and got gradually worse. My hip flexor felt so good this morning that I was going to do some squat cleans; more on that below.

Anyway, I didn't plan a long session today, just because I ran a brisk 5k yesterday on what would have been a rest day.

Sumo deadlifts:
10 @ 135 (warm up)
5 x max @ 185: 8, 8, 7, 6, 6

======

Dumbbell flat bench press - max reps at:
40s (15)
45s (9)
50s (3 and a half!)
52s (3)
55s (3)
40s (10)

======

3 rft:
5 power cleans @ 95
10 pull-ups (no kipping)
15 hand release push-ups
Time = 7:15

Not a long metcon, but it proved I was right to take it easy today. I got out of breath pretty quickly during this routine, especially with the pull-ups. I felt tired about halfway through the first set, but not in a fatigue or overtraining kind of way. I think it was mental as much as anything because of the aforementioned loss of a rest day.

I had planned on doing hang squat cleans for the first movement. I tried a rep in order to test my hip, which felt fine. However, my left knee hurt quite a bit and started to buckle when I was at the bottom of the squat and I nearly fell over sideways. And this was with only 95lb, well within my capability. After a bit of swearing while massaging my knee I decided to do power cleans instead, which didn't cause me any problems.

Feels like bloody ages since I did any full rom squats.

No comments:

Post a Comment