Wednesday 5 October 2011

Full body: Heavy weight

Short and simple today because I had a client meeting after the gym. Pissy day at work yesterday so I wanted to work off some stress by lifting heavy, even though it was only for 3 routines.

Hang power clean 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3
(Warm up: 5 @ 85)
105, 110, 115, 120, 125, 130 (1)

Went back to my old hang power clean style, increasing the weight with each set, just for a change this week.

======

Dumbbell incline bench press: 5 x max @ 50s
(Warm up: 5 @ 35s and 5 @ 42s)
8, 7, 5, 4, 5

======

Partial back squats 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 (safeties @ 11)
215, 235, 255, 280, 300 (F), 295

When I tried 300lb - the heaviest I've attempted - I could squat down to the safeties but couldn't get back up. I rested about 30 seconds, lightened the weight by 5lb, and then matched 3 reps at my PR of 295lb.

6 comments:

Paul French said...

hah ur nice choice of pictures...what it has to do with fitness I do not know, but mine don't always either.

Common Sense Design said...

Well, in Spain bull fighting is considered a sport.

Paul French said...

I know what the sport is, but I seemed to focus the man recieving an enema with the bulls horn...

Common Sense Design said...

That's how some of my clients are making me feel at the moment: they're the bull, I'm the matador!

Paul French said...

haha I know the pain (well not quite THAT painful).

Common Sense Design said...

Wait a minute - which client(s) are you referring to?

Post a Comment