Wednesday 5 January 2011

Pushing

Bench press 3, 3, 3, 3, 3
125, 130, 135, 145, 150 (1)

This was a lot better than I've been capable of in the past (heaviest pin bench press was 135 lb). Then I realised that I used a lower bench this time, so I wasn't lowering the bar as close to my chest as before. Still, a challenging press routine, even if it only used the top part of the motion.

======

For time:
15 x dumbbell bench press @ 50s
20 x push press @ 95

Time = 11:46

50 lb dumbbells were a lot tougher than I expected, but when I checked earlier posts it looks like I've only done these with a maximum of 45s before. I tried to use 100 lb for the push-presses but failed the first rep, so dropped to 95 lb.

======

Amrap 15:
5 x dips
10 x push-ups

Rounds = 8 + 1 dip (equal to previous PR, November 25, 2010)

8 comments:

Paul French said...

You used a lower bench? Are you sure, everytime you've done the pin bench press with me you used the little black bench, the one I'd usually put under the pullup bar, it's the shortest bench we got. It was 7 holes right? Maybe you just progressed well.

Common Sense Design said...

I used the smaller bench this time, but most of the time I use the larger one. I'm all for progress, but this was a big leap forward!

Common Sense Design said...

And yes, it was 7 holes.

Paul French said...

You realize with me you have always used the smallest bench though, I can't remember the last time we did that exercise, check, that'll let ya know how you have progressed on this exercise. Last time with compared to todays.

Common Sense Design said...

If memory serves, I think I only started to use the larger bench a while back because every time I wanted to do pin bench presses on my own the smaller bench was always being used.

I think the last time I did these with you was back in November: http://59percentoverweight.blogspot.com/2010/11/upper-body_20.html

Common Sense Design said...

And this was the previous time I did them on my own, with the higher bench: http://59percentoverweight.blogspot.com/2010/12/chest-and-traps.html

Paul French said...

So with the lower bench, it certainly is an improvement if you got 150 pounds for a single.

Common Sense Design said...

Chest day tomorrow, so if the frame and bench are free I'll be trying again.

Post a Comment