Thursday 27 January 2011

Olympic Lifting

Feeling much better than yesterday and I'm starting to approach full fitness again. I feel about 90% today. 

My quads are a bit sore from yesterday, but nowhere as bad as following a full-on leg session. Still, I guess this is evidence that I did work fairly hard. Also, there's doms in my lower back - not an injury type of pain - so I must have done something good there, too.

Hang clean 3, 3, 3, 3, 3
110, 120, 125 (1), 125 (1), 125 (1)

The third set onwards wasn't too impressive, which I think is due to a couple of things: (1) I'm not quite back to full strength yet, and (2) I tried to increase the weight too quickly. I should have gone for 5 lb increments.

======

Dumbbell snatches 5, 5, 5, 5, 5 per arm
40, 42.5, 45, 47.5, 50

This felt pretty comfortable. I actually felt like I could have gone heavier.

======

30 x power clean and press @ 100 lb (bar resting on safeties at two holes)

Time = 9:54

A significant improvement on the last time I did this back in November 2010 with less weight.

======

100 x sit-ups

No comments:

Post a Comment