Monday 3 January 2011

Legs

Ouch. This one hurt. A lot. It's a scaled down version of one of Paul's routines. I used to scale his routines to two-thirds, but after the results of my last two personal training sessions I went for approximately three-quarters instead. That's to take into account my strength gains over the past few months.

Traveling lunges 6 x 6 @ 55s

Had to drop the dumbbells a couple of times in the last two sets because I completely lost my ability to grip them.

======

Amrap 12:
5 x leg press @ 200 lb
8 x jump lunges per leg

Rounds = 8 + 2 leg presses

======

5 rft:
5 x dumbbell front squats @ 37.5s
10 x air squats

Time = 4:43

======

Leg extensions 3 x 25 @ 70, 80, 90

The last set was supposed to be 90 pounds of weight resistance, but the the 10 pound weight I'd added to the 80 fell off after one rep, so I switched up to 20 reps at 95 pounds.

Overall I liked this style of training because it was a change from the heavy weight squats that can sometimes cause problems with my lower back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment