Sunday 2 January 2011

Olympic lifting

My first training session of the year, and clearly my mind was elsewhere.

Deadlift 3, 3, 3, 3, 3
165, 185, 205, 215 (2), 220 (2)

Before I left home my hands felt dry, so I used some hand cream then went to the gym. I must have used too much because my grip kept slipping on the bar! Still, 220 lb is a PR.

At least I remembered to wear my jogging pants for the deadlifts. Didn't really help, though - I could feel the blood running down my shin inside the pants!

======

30 x deadlifts @ 185 lb

Again, I don't know what I was thinking here. I was supposed to be doing 30 x deadlifts followed by 30 x sumo deadlifts, both @ 140 lb. While I was doing the 30 standard lifts I thought it should have felt a bit easier, but kept going anyway. I did two sumo lifts and was really struggling, so I checked the plates again. Turns out I'd miscalculated the weights; there was a 45 lb and a 25 lb weight on each side, plus the bar weighs 45 lb. That's a total of 185 lb, 45 lb more than I'd intended. Idiot!

======

30 x clean and press @ 95 lb

Time = 8:07

======

Hopefully I'll be thinking straight tomorrow. What a muppet.

No comments:

Post a Comment