Tuesday 11 January 2011

Olympic (a.k.a. There will be blood)

Deadlift 3, 3, 3, 3, 3
165, 185, 195, 200, 205

My PR is 220 lb, 15 more than I lifted today. However, I felt my form was starting to break down in recent weeks because I was trying too hard to go for big numbers rather than lift safely. I think that my form was good for all of the reps today.

Despite remembering to wear long pants for my deadlifts, there was plenty of blood on my right shin from dragging the barbell up. My left leg never has any problems, but I keep rubbing off the old scabs on my right. Yeah, I know - eww!

======

Amrap 15
Hang cleans @ 110 lb
Score = 51

More blood - this time from the barbell's grip rubbing off the skin on my right thumb. When I started the routine I wore my lifting gloves for the first three reps, but it felt uncomfortable so I removed them. Mistake!

======

Cindy - amrap 20:
5 x pull-ups
10 x push-ups
15 x squats

Score = 13 rounds plus 5 pull-ups (increased my PR by one pull-up)

3 comments:

Paul French said...

Smart move on the deadlifts, it's usually hard to decide to not up the weight, and deadlifts are the most tempting for that because it's easy to change your form to make it easier. I had a deep tissue massage yesterday and now my back feels messed up again, hmm I don't think she was intending to do that.

Common Sense Design said...

I used to see a sports masseur a couple of times a month shortly before I moved over here. It used to give me doms like I get following a training session with you - but all over my body!

Why did you have a deep tissue back massage?

Paul French said...

maybe this is normal then, she really worked on my glutes, chest and lats (apparently the last 2 contribute to lower back pain).

She was strongly recommended by a few of my clients, so I thought I'd give it a try, this actually feels more like an injury now...oh well.

Post a Comment