Wednesday 26 January 2011

Legs

Still feeling a bit rough today, but I wanted to do at least some training, even if it wasn't up to my usual intensity. No metcons/timed routines because I feel sluggish, so just weight routines.

Pin squats to 10 holes 3, 3, 3, 3, 3
185, 205, 225, 235, 240 (F)

I usually do these to 11 holes but this time I lowered the safeties by one hole so I squatted lower. I wanted to see if I could match the same weight at 11 holes a couple of weeks ago. In the end I could only manage 235, which is 10 pounds less than my max at 11 holes. 240 was a complete bust.

======

Front squats - 10 rounds @ 140 lb, max possible reps to failure; 1 minute rest between rounds
5, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 3, 4, 2

Some of my form was a bit questionable. I don't think I squatted as low as I should on a few reps.

======

Leg extensions 3 x 20 @ 95 lb

My total workout time was around 40 minutes, so not as challenging as usual. However, I did everything I could today. My cold is causing a lot of congestion, which makes my head ache.

My appetite seems to be somewhat lower than usual, too. Usually I'm hungry every couple of hours, but for a couple of days I've been forcing myself to eat regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment