Thursday 1 September 2011

Cindy and Arms

Cindy - amrap 20:
5 x pull-ups (kipping)
10 x push-ups
15 x air squats

Score = 15 (exactly @ 19:56)

I usually do Cindy at the end of a workout, but this morning I was feeling a bit sleepy-headed so I used this to help me wake up. The fact I did this first  might account for the improvement on my PR. By the time I'd finished I was absolutely drenched in sweat, which was exaggerated by me wearing a pale grey t-shirt. Ironically, when I left home I thought it was going to rain, so I wore a light rain jacket to stop me getting wet.

======

Straight bar curls: 60 (8), 65 (5), 65 (5), 65 (5), 65 (5)

======

Dumbbell skull crushers: 25s (8), 27s (8), 27s (5), 27s (4), 27s (5)

======

Alternate sets:
Incline curls: 22s (8), 25s (6), 30s (4), 30s (4)
Dips, max reps: 10, 6, 6, 6

======

Overall, not the greatest set of workouts this week, but that's due to my usual daily routine being disrupted for various reasons. That being said, I certainly don't think my training was a waste of time, just that I could have trained harder. 

I spent yesterday in Toronto with Madi, Cher and Kristen; keeping a 7-year-old entertained for 12 hours is far more challenging than any CrossFit workout.

2 comments:

Paul French said...

Very nice score on Cindy, closing in on a full 20 rounds.

Common Sense Design said...

Thanks! Based purely on the score, I'm very pleased with how it went. The first three rounds were completely unbroken, although there was a very short rest between the second and third set. That's a first for me. Of course, I know that doing Cindy before everything else meant I was fresher. All I did beforehand was about 10 minutes of stretching and warming up.

Post a Comment