Thursday 15 September 2011

Upper body: Heavy/moderate weight

British pentathlete Jessica Ennis
Hang power cleans @ 120
(Warm up: 2 x 5 @ 95)
4, 3, 4, 4, 5 = 20

This is the first time I've hit a total of 20 reps. Man, was I pissed at that second set (and everyone in the gym knew about it!) The last time I did this routine I got 4, 4, 4, 4, 3 (19), so when I got only 3 I thought I wouldn't even be able to manage that total. With every subsequent set I gave it everything, trying to make up that "lost" rep, but it wasn't until set 5 that I got it.

======

Dumbbell incline bench press - 5 x max @ 50s
(2 x 5 warm up sets @ 35s and 42s)
7, 7, 5, 4, 4

======

C2B neutral grip pull-ups - 5 x max
7, 6, 4(.5!), 4, 4

In the third set I got my chin over the bar with the fifth rep attempt, but couldn't get my chest to touch it, hence the .5.

======

Amrap 12: Dips - with 10 push-ups every time I drop from the bars (including the last set)
10, 5, 4, 3, 3, 4, 4, 3 = 36 (in 11:51)

When I did this in August, as part of a personal training session, I was disappointed with my score, not so much because I thought it was low but because I didn't think I addressed it in a smart way. I wasn't focused and I just tried to do everything quickly as possible. Today was different and I tried to ensure I had enough rest whenever I needed it. There were some rounds where I rested 45 seconds between the push-ups and getting back into the dips. However, this strategy was only marginally successful, resulting in only 3 extra dips. Maybe this is just tougher than I think it should be.

======

Push press - 5 x max @ 75
14, 14, 13, 13, 12 = 66

That's 5 fewer reps than last time, but I just had nothing left in my shoulders following the dips and push-ups.

My hip flexor feels like it's almost fully recovered and my back isn't painful, just very stiff with limited rom. 



The world's most boring diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment