Wednesday 14 September 2011

Arms

American swimmer Dana Torres,
aged 41 in 2008
Took it easy today. My hip flexor is still a little sore, and all across my lower back hurts from the heavy deadlifts yesterday. Usually, when I have back pain, it's just on the left, but now it's all the way across. It was really bad all of yesterday, making it difficult to move. Not so bad today, but it still hurt bending down to pick up light dumbbells.

Alternate sets:

Straight bar curls:
55 (10), 60 (7), 65 (5), 65 (5)

Dumbbell skull crushers:
22s (10), 25s (8), 27s (5), 27s (5)

===

Dumbbell preacher curls:
25s (8), 27s (7), 30s (5)

French presses:
25 (8), 27 (7), 30 (6)

In the past, I've done French presses like a skull crusher, but with a barbell. That's one of the ways I found online when I googled the term. Today, I switched to the other method, shown in the video below. I used less weight than before, but it's a different technique (seated upright and using only one dumbbell).

======

Incline curls, all at 22s: 8, 6, 6

======

Close grip push-ups (hands shoulder-width apart, elbows close to my sides):
11, 8, 6

I usually do alternate sets of incline curls and tricep push-downs, but just as I was about to do the second exercise, someone else started to use that station. So, I rested 1 minute between sets of curls, then did the push-ups.

That was it for today - about 30 minutes of light exercise. Didn't feel too challenging, but I didn't want to push myself too hard. I'm planning on doing a heavy/moderate upper body routine tomorrow.


I did a seated, upright single dumbbell version, using the grip at about 2:25 in this video.

No comments:

Post a Comment