Tuesday 6 September 2011

Full body: Moderate/light weight

Just...one...small...slice!
Dumbbell military press 5, 5, 5, 5,5
30s, 35s, 37s (4), 37s (3), 37s (3)

======

For total time:
50 x back squats @ 135 to parallel (6:00)
Rest exactly 3 minutes
50 x front squats @ 80 to parallel (5:28)
Total time = 14:28 (6:00 + 3:00 + 5:28)

Can't remember where I got this from, but it doesn't look like something I'd make up. I found it saved in a file on my laptop, so I'd obviously saved it for a reason some time ago. The saved version mentioned front squats at 95lb, but I didn't want to risk too much stress on my wrist after yesterday's painful routine. Using only 80lb allowed me to work on my wrist flexibility, grip and form without the chance of hurting myself. 

Yesterday, I googled "front squat wrist pain" and found some helpful tips and advice. Using a much lighter weight today allowed me to use some of that information. One forum post had the comment, "If you feel like you're choking yourself with the bar, you're probably doing it right!" Today, I held my chest up, leaned back very slightly - thus making sure all the weight was in my heels - and rested the bar in the depressions between my delts and collarbones. My balance felt so good that I was able to keep the bar in place using only two fingers from each hand, rather than having to bend my wrist back so I could grip the bar tightly, as I usually do. Of course, this was made easy because I was squatting a light weight, but I wasn't too bothered because today was scheduled to be a light day.

======

Amrap 15:
8 x pull-ups
8 x true push-ups
8 x push presses @ 75 lb
Score = 6 rounds + 8 pull-ups and 2 push-ups

This was an old routine from waaay back. When I did this in mid-November 2010, I got a score of 6 plus 2 pull-ups. It's an improvement, but after nearly 10 months I would have hoped for at least 1 full round more than last time.I can't find the blog post, but I've done this routine one other time since November, scoring even lower at only 5 rounds plus 3 push presses.

No weird food dreams last night, probably because for dinner I had barbecued half-rack of ribs and a slice of apple pie (my kryptonite), courtesy of my daughter and her fiance.

No comments:

Post a Comment