Tuesday 28 December 2010

Conditioning

For time:
10 x burpee broad jumps
40 x box jumps @ 24"
10 x burpee broad jumps
40 x bench supported lateral jumps (per side)
10 x burpee broad jumps
40 x over the bench jumps (40 total)
10 x burpee broad jumps
40 x jump lunges (per leg)

Time = 21:50

This is a modified version of my trainer's routine. Over the bench jumps looked too intimidating at 24", so I opted for a lower standard bench. It wasn't just the height, but also the depth of the 24" bench that put me off; it was simply too far forward for me to leap. I want to do this as RXed, so I'll have to work my way up to the full-sized bench. Other than that, I think this was pretty much as Paul did it. He beat me by 35 seconds!

Leg extensions:
20 @ 95 lb
1 min rest
20 @ 65 lb
1 min rest
20 @ 35 lb

3 comments:

Paul French said...

Cept you are suppose to jump as far as possible on the burpee broad jumps, ur jumps were a tad comical looking, mainly because you were tired haha. Very nice work though, it was a tough one.

Common Sense Design said...

Ha! You noticed! I was trying to jump as far as possible, but my quads wouldn't let me. I could tell that I was tiring quickly because I would do five burpee broad jumps, then turn around to do the next five; I always landed on the last one well short of where I started.

This was the first time I'd done broad jumps and they were physically the toughest part of the routine. I can't believe how much my legs were killing me by the seventh rep each time. And I can't believe there are guys who can do this for a mile!

Paul French said...

That workout is rediculous, it takes them over an hour and that's impressive. I did 400 metres once and wanted to die it totalled around 175 of them, it would be a mean mean workout.

Post a Comment