Monday 13 December 2010

Conditioning

I'll be staying away from heavy weights this week because (a) my back is still causing me some problems, and (b) I've been doing a lot of work with weights for a couple of months, so I probably could use a short break. It was starting to feel like I was just going through the motions.

Five minutes' warm-up on the stationary bike. 

This is a routine I did at home on Wednesday, 29 July, 2009, but I made it a bit more challenging by increasing the height of the box jumps to 24 inches (from 18), as well as doing a full chest-to-floor push-up as part of the burpee.

20 x squats
20 x burpee box jumps
20 x chest to floor push-ups
15 x burpee box jumps
20 x tuck jumps
10 x burpee box jumps
20 x jump lunges (per leg)
5 x burpee box jumps
20 x squats

Time = 15:33

I had some admiring comments about the height of the box jumps, including one person who asked me if I was afraid I'd fall over while trying to jump so high!

Followed this with a shorter routine:

21-15-9 reps of push-ups off parallettes and inverted rows (overhand)

Time = 5:11

Walking home, I realised my protein shake had frozen! Bloody country...

No comments:

Post a Comment