Friday 24 December 2010

And a partridge in a pear tree

Personal training with Paul.

Today I had my last personal training session before Christmas, for which Paul had me do the same 12 Days of Christmas routine as last year. (Think of the song, but substitute an exercise for each of the gifts.) However, he made this year's version more challenging with heavier weight for the thrusters and power cleans, plus I used a heavier kettlebell for the swings (last year I used a dumbbell that was a couple of pounds lighter). I think the box jumps were higher this year, too.

1 x push-up
2 x knees to elbows
3 x box jumps to 24"
4 x pull-ups
5 x air squats
6 x kettlebell swings
7 x mountain climbers (per leg)
8 x dumbbell snatches (per arm)
9 x tuck jumps
10 x thrusters @ 95 lb
11 x burpees
12 x power cleans @ 95 lb

I completed the whole "song" in exactly 40 minutes; last year's time was dead on 50 minutes.

Really pleased with the greatly improved time, especially since the whole routine is a bit more challenging. It shows that my fitness has improved in the past 12 months, as has my mental strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment