Tuesday 17 January 2012

Legs

Partial back squats:
185 x 5
225 x 3
235 x 3
250 x 3
270 x 3
285 x 3
295 x 3
305 x 3
310 x 2 (PR)

I thought I had the third rep at 310lb, but felt my legs give out on the way up. Still, this is still a PR; I only hit 2 reps at 305lb last time. The video - showing my last 2 sets - was shot by Cher, which explains why you can't even see my bloody legs in the first part.



======

For time:
20 back squats @ 135
30 back squats @ 115
40 air squats
20 traveling lunges @ 50s (total)
30 traveling lunges @ 35s (total)
40 traveling lunges (total)
Time = 13:10

This is 1:01 quicker than when I did exactly the same routine in July last year. I could have gone heavier on the weighted sections, but I wanted to see how I compared by doing the same set up. It's an improvement, but I would have expected better after 6 months. It was the traveling lunges that killed me, perhaps because I haven't done them for a long time. I'm typing this an hour after I finished my workout, and my glutes are still burning. The back squats all broke parallel, while the air squats were all hamstring to calf.

2 comments:

Paul French said...

I definately thought that was a 10 on each side on that first set in the video, which would have made the total weight 315, even in the video the collar is blocking it but I guess it was a 5. Very close to 3 plates a side on this one too nice work.

Common Sense Design said...

You got me all excited thinking I'd squatted more weight! I watched the video closely - full screen - to see if I could see a number "1", thus indicating a 10lb plate. However, I remember I left the small plate from the 305lb set on there for 310lb, adding a 2.5lb on each side. If you look at the 310lb set, you'll see there isn't too much difference in size between the two smallest weights on the bar. It would have been more noticeable if there was a 10lb next to a 2.5lb so - disappointingly - it's definitely a 5lb plate.

Post a Comment