Tuesday 31 January 2012

Full body

That reminds me: got to start practicing skipping soon!
Awful workout today. I simply didn't have any energy and I don't know why. I don't feel fatigued or overtrained, but I got out of breath very quickly today. I hate to make excuses, but perhaps the 45 minutes of snow shoveling early this morning took more out of me than I thought, although that seems a bit feeble considering I'm in much better shape now than I was last winter.

Cindy: 5 pull-ups (kipping), 10 push-ups, 15 squats
Score = 13 + 5 pull-ups and 5 push-ups

That's a terrible score and much lower than last time, which was poor enough. Nearly 2 months ago my score was 15 rounds plus 5 pull-ups and 2 push-ups. My results seem to be slipping backwards.

Bench press - small bench, 6 holes, starting from the top
95 x 6
105 x 5
115 x 5
125 x 3

Again, this is piss-poor. In December I managed 5 reps at 125lb and then went on to 1 rep at 140lb. I felt so weak at this point that I decided to call it quits. Improving on 3 reps at 125 felt impossible, so I'll rest tomorrow and go heavy on Thursday. 

Although I might give the Men's Health (U.K.) Bastard Challenge a try! This guy did 16 reps in 60 seconds and the video makes the move look similar to burpees, which I can do anyway. I'll have to get Cher to film me and upload it to the Facebook challenge page.

No comments:

Post a Comment