Thursday 19 January 2012

Full body

Early start today because of a busy schedule. I was planning on doing the power clean/Cindy routine today, but there was no way my legs would allow me to do 150 air squats. It was enough of a challenge to put on socks and shoes. It's been a while since I had really bad doms in my legs and it's all because I forgot to stretch after the squatting and lunging metcon on Tuesday. D'oh! Consequently, today's workout was a bit haphazard.

Power clean and jerk:
95 x 3
105 x 3
110 x 2
115 x 1
115 x 1

This is equal to my PR for the third time (I think). I probably should have done better, but it was impossible to get more power from my hips due to my aching legs. A little bit too much leaning back, but I think the weight stayed up above my shoulders for a decent amount of time. I couldn't get a decent angle for videoing this, so the only clip I have is my final set at 115lb. The slo-mo is just to show off the video technique, rather than my lifting!



======

Bench press for time - 15 @ 125
Time = 4:37

Not a major milestone, but this my previous best was 6:12 at the same weight.

======

Amrap 10 - Max reps, alternating sets (switching when I reach relative failure):
Wide-grip pull-ups: 11, 5, 4, 4, 4, 4, 3, 3, 3, 1 = 42
Dips: 8, 5, 4, 4, 3, 3, 3, 3, 2 = 35

2 comments:

Paul French said...

Was cher hurt, I thought I saw her walking with a limp? Normally she trains with Liliana on thursday's, hope she was alright.

Common Sense Design said...

Cher's had plantar fasciitis in her foot for a few weeks and it can get pretty painful. (Doesn't stop her wearing high heels, the muppet.) She's been training on her own this week because Liliana wasn't expecting Cher to be back from Florida yet, so she booked in another client.

Post a Comment