Saturday 28 January 2012

Full body

Annie Sakamoto and Samantha Briggs
Personal training with Paul

Yet another morning where I felt crappy through lack of sleep, but this time it was my own fault. I took Madi to a Firebirds game last night and I had bit of sinus pain so I took an antihistamine. As soon as I'd swallowed it I remembered that I shouldn't be taking them late in the day because they keep me awake - idiot! I didn't fall asleep until well past 1:00 a.m. Just as well that today was a strength workout without any fast metcons.

Sumo deadlifts
185 x 6
215 x 3
235 x 2
265 x 1
285 x 1
295 x 1
305 x 1
315 x 1
325 x 1

That went better than I expected. When I started I felt a bit stiff, but I loosened up quickly and I think my form improved as I progressed. I've done a trap-bar deadlift at 335lb, but this is the first time at 325lb for the sumo variety. It looked even more impressive because I had 3 x 45lb bumpers on each side of the bar (plus some smaller weights). 325lb is 2.32 times more than my body weight.


Video shot by my trainer, Paul


======

Alternate sets:
Max reps neutral grip pull-ups, c2b: 10, 8, 7, 6, 7
Bench press @ 95: 5 x 10

======

That's it: simple but heavy today.

No comments:

Post a Comment