Tuesday 3 January 2012

Cindy and Deadlifts

How I feel...
Not sure what happened today, but I ran out of energy pretty quickly.

Cindy - Amrap 20:
5 pull-ups
10 push-ups
15 squats
Score = 14 + 6 push-ups

That's almost a full round less than my PR, which was last time I did Cindy. The first round was completed in 34 seconds, my quickest ever. The first 5 were done in 5:44, which is pretty quick for me. I was sure I was on my way to a new PR of around 16, but by the end of the 8th round I completely ran out of gas. Things went downhill rapidly after that and I took plenty of lengthy breaks.

======

Deadlifts:
135 x 10 (touch and go)
185 x 5 (t&g)
205 x 5 (reset after each rep)
225 x 5
245 x 5
255 x 4

When I did these with Paul I managed 5 reps at 255lb followed by another 4 reps with the same weight. However, today I didn't have the strength to hit all 5 reps. I rested for nearly 3 minutes and was getting in position for another attempt, but I could feel a slight soreness in my lower back as I started to lift, so I decided to call it quits. I didn't think it was worth the risk.

I slept for 7 hours last night, but perhaps it wasn't very soundly. When I got home I felt exhausted; not fatigued from exercise, but sleepy. My laptop is being repaired so I can't do any work (I'm typing this on Cher's computer). I had a snack, went upstairs and put on The Social Network DVD. In less than an hour I was alseep on the couch! I guess I was more tired than I realised.

Tomorrow's a rest day, so hopefully I can have a good workout on Thursday.

5 comments:

Paul French said...

I don't remember from before, but the last time you did the deadlifts with me was it at the start of the routine?

Common Sense Design said...

No, the deadlifts were about 3/4 of the way through a session with you.

Common Sense Design said...

Talk about rubbing my face in it: www.crossfit.com/mt-archive2/008094.html

Paul French said...

Ya beat a 21 year old kid, comment 129 I think.

Common Sense Design said...

Yeah, but he's a newbie!

Post a Comment