Thursday 2 February 2012

Full body

A bit of fun and some heavy lifts to end the week. I started today's workout with The Bastard Challenge, from Men's Health U.K. At the time this was recorded the record was 16 reps in 60 seconds. I'm not sure if my form meets the magazine's standards as I started to "worm" in some of my push-ups. I thought the person videoing me was going to start the camera before my first rep, not wait for me to move first. Plus, I don't think she realised she was supposed to be keeping track of time, too! Oh well, here it is:


======

Squat Cleans:
95 x 5
105 x 5
115 x 5
125 x 3
130 x 3
135 x 2
140 x 1 (did a second clean, but failed the second squat)
140 x 1 (ditto)

I wanted to keep strict form with these, rather than my usual clean and then squat. I think I did quite well. The video shows my two sets at 140lb. I managed 1 rep, completed the second clean, but failed to come back up during the front squat. What is it about me that makes people think they can come over and start a conversation with me while it's fucking obvious that I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF SOMETHING! Jesus.



======

Hang power snatches:
45 (5), 75 (3), 85 (3), 95 (F), 90 (2)

85lb felt easy and I got cocky and went up to 95lb. I failed straight away, so I rested a couple of minutes and used 90lb instead.

2 comments:

Paul French said...

reps looked fine to me, I think you beat the other guys score bc you could flow better into the movements, the other guy seemed to pause a split second before the movements.

Common Sense Design said...

Not meaning to sound arrogant, but this felt a lot easier than I expected. However, they're very similar to how you make me do burpees, so I'm used to the movement.

So far there are only two videos of other people doing this, which is surprising. I got more reps than a young guy who works for the magazine and a pro climber. I'm sure someone's got to be able to beat a 46-year-old website designer!

Post a Comment