Thursday 23 February 2012

Full body. Yay! And Ouch.

This was both a very good day, and a pretty bad one.

Power clean and jerk:
95 x 3
105 x 3
110 x 2
115 x 2
120 x 0
120 x 1 (PR)
125 x 0

Given my struggles with overhead routines the past few weeks, I was surprised by how well I did with this workout. My PR for c&j was 115lb for 1 rep, and the second rep at that weight was pretty close today. I attempted 120lb, but couldn't lockout with my right arm, as you can see in the video below. However, I felt that I was quite close enough to warrant a second attempt. I was pretty shocked that I was successful, hence the cheesy reaction afterward! The 125lb attempt wasn't even close, but I'm still very pleased with 120lb, given the context.


======

I rested about 4 minutes, then started a routine I did with Paul a few weeks back: 30 dips and 50 push-ups for time. My shoulders felt fine and well-rested after the c&js, and I started well with the dips. Pushing up to complete the 10th rep, I felt something go in my left shoulder and I had a searing pain. I jumped down from the dip rack as my shoulder was in agony. The pain gradually subsided, so I did some stretches on the pull-up station, which seemed to help. Everything felt ok after that, so I did another recent routine, but with pull-ups.

5 rft:
3 weighted pull-ups @ 25lb
5 strict pull-ups
7 kipping pull-ups
Time = 10:43

That's a pretty big improvement on last time - 12:27 - and I didn't feel any discomfort in my shoulder.

======

Death by burpees:
Score = 12 rounds + 9 burpees

As always with "Death by..." routines, this started easily and got tough by about 8 burpees. I saw this on a CrossFit website recently, so decided to try it.

Again, there seemed to be no problem with my shoulder. However, by the time I was cooled off in the changing room, I could feel the pain returning. It isn't constant, but is pretty bad when I move it a certain way, such as reaching to open a door. I hope this clears up by the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment