Thursday 9 February 2012

Legs

Back squats to parallel (4 risers):
165 x 5
185 x 3
195 x 3
200 x 3
205 x 3
210 x 2

Equal to my PR from a couple of weeks ago, so no change there.

======

While I was doing the back squats I felt pretty stiff. I'd spent a while warming up, as usual, but that didn't seem to help. I was going to do regular front squats, but didn't think I'd do well with hamstring-to-calf depth, so I decided to try some partial front squats for the first time. I set the safeties at 10 holes, which is 1 lower than when I do partial back squats.

Partial front squats (10 holes):

95 x 6
115 x 3
135 x 3
150 x 3
165 x 3
175 x 3
185 x 3
195 x 3
205 x 3
210 x 1

I felt like I could have gone on and at least hit 3 reps at 210, but my shoulder blade muscles (rhomboids?) were starting to hurt. I'm guessing this was due to me trying to keep a heavy weight balanced in front of me. My elbows were quite high up, but I was using a cross-over grip.

Mixed results this week because I've so much on my mind. Nothing stressful, just lots to think about as Cher is over in London helping my mother, I'm looking after Madi on my own, and I have lots of work right now. Thinking about all of that, or having it in the back of my mind, has affected my focus in the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment