Tuesday 21 February 2012

Full body

For some reason I can't seem to focus on... um... what?
I feel weird today; that's the only way to describe it. I'm finding it impossible to focus, and my head is all over the place. No idea why, because I had a decent night's sleep so I should be fully regenerated. On top of that, my lower back felt weak this morning; not painful, just weak. I've never felt that before.

Squat cleans:
95 x 5
105 x 5
115 x 5
125 x 3
130 x 3
135 x 1 (attempted a second rep, but couldn't even get the bar to my chest)
135 x 1 (ditto)

This is 5lb worse than the previous 2 times I did this routine. Even from the lighter rounds this felt like it was going to be a struggle. Perhaps that negative thought affected how I preformed throughout the routine. Sometimes I can talk myself into a positive outcome, but not today. Again, it was that foggy-headed feeling.

======

Partial back squats:
185 x 8
225 x 3
245 x 3
275 x 3
290 x 3
295 x 3
305 x 0
305 x 0

I set a PR of 310lb a few weeks ago, so this was disappointing. On both 305lb attempts I felt in control squatting down, but simply couldn't get back up. This is where the lower back weakness came in; I couldn't keep my upper body upright, which caused me to lean forward. Also, for some reason I used the bumper plates, not the metal ones as usual. It probably doesn't make any difference - 45lb is 45lb - but is an indication of my lack of focus.

Oh, well. Tomorrow is a new day.

Update: Yawn! Perhaps I didn't sleep as well as I thought. By mid-afternoon I started to feel really sleepy. I blame Cher for watching TV in bed; the noise from her stoopid shows probably affected the quality of my sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment